- This event has passed.
2018 Iowa Youth Philanthropy Conference
August 7, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
Join us for a day of learning with youth philanthropy students and leaders from across the state!
What to expect:
- Network with students and colleagues from youth philanthropy programs across the state of Iowa
- Learn about different youth philanthropy program models, needs assessments, and fundraising strategies
- Dive into data to better understand challenges young people in your community may be facing
- Explore strategies to use your voice to advance issues and support causes you care about
- Get practical tools and resources to take back with you
- Welcome + Introductions
- Interactive Data Walk: How can we turn the curve on these community issues?
- Making Change Beyond Grantmaking: Advocacy 101 with Iowa Safe Schools Youth Ambassadors
- Networking Lunch
- Breakout Sessions
- What’s Next After Youth Philanthropy?
- Learning from Your Peers: Veteran Member Panel
- Wrap-Up + Ice Cream Social
This conference is sponsored by the Iowa Council of Foundations and FREE to attend. Please email email@example.com or call 515-989-1188 if you have any questions or would like to request funds to support your mileage costs to attend the event. We hope you can join us!
We would like to thank our Conference Planning Committee Members:
- Heidi Dalal, Martha-Ellen Tye Foundation
- Isabel Dawson, Volunteer
- Jenna Manders, Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque
- Kari McCann Boutell, Iowa Council of Foundations
- Amy Nossaman, Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation
- Jessica Rayment, Promise Partners, Pottawattamie County’s Alliance for Youth
- Kelly Thompson, Community Foundation of the Great River Bend
- Tom Wickersham, Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
- Alicia Vermeer, Community Youth Concepts, uVoice
- Amy Jo Wertzberger, Community Foundation of Marshall County