- This event has passed.
April Quarterly Membership Meeting: Exploring Your Foundation’s Openness
April 5, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pmFree
Funders are problem solvers, but we sometimes spend time, energy, and resources trying to solve the wrong problems. Increasing openness in the funder-applicant relationship is one way we can increase the likelihood that we are solving the right problems, in the right ways. It also ensures better alignment of funder dollars and community needs in ways that deliver more equitable and effective solutions for all.
Join the ICoF Foundation Openness Cohort participants to explore your foundation’s openness practices and discover changes you can make in your work to foster greater openness between applicants and grantees. You will leave with strategies to assess and improve your own foundation’s openness practices, and a better understanding of the importance of openness.
This session will give cohort members an opportunity to facilitate activities they have participated in over the past year and also time to share their lessons learned with the broader ICoF membership. We encourage you to consider bringing Board members along to this membership meeting, as openness practices are an important piece of organizational values and culture.
- Participants will learn why openness is important.
- Participants will learn how user experience can be applied in philanthropy to consider the unique needs of each applicant.
- Participants will discover tools and activities they can take back home to explore their foundation’s openness practices.
- Participants will observe changes they could make in their practices and practical tools to help them make design changes back home.
- Participants will learn from their peers who have already been making changes in their work to foster greater openness with applicants and grantees and have time to ask questions and seek advice on the best approaches to this work.
Who should attend?
- Foundation CEOs and members of your Board of Directors who set the strategic direction for your foundation
- Grantmaking staff who support grant programs and work directly with nonprofit applicants and grantees
- Program staff who coordinate nonprofit networks, nonprofit learning, nonprofit trainings and support nonprofit peer-learning
- Staff at new foundations that are establishing their grant programs and focus areas
Please join us – we think this session has something for everyone!
ICoF Meeting Policy: Each ICoF member organization is given one free registration and is charged $25 per each additional attendee.