Campaign for Grade-Level Reading Midwest Regional Convening
November 13 @ 9:30 am - November 14 @ 1:30 pmFree
Wednesday, November 13 from 9:30 am – 5 pm & Thursday, November 14 from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Please join us for this regional convening of colleagues from Midwest GLR communities! Colleagues from Nebraska, Illinois and other invited states will share strategies and lessons learned from their local efforts. This information exchange and networking event will be a celebration of success in communities across the Midwest as well as a great place to learn new strategies and practices for implementation in your own GLR community.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ron Fairchild, President of the Smarter Learning Group and Director of the GLR Support Center;
- Yolie Flores, Chief Program Officer, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading; and
- Miriam Shark, Senior Consultant to the Campaign.
Topics will include the important role of parents in early school success, challenges faced by smaller communities and rural funders, libraries as key partners and how campaign communities are using collective impact strategies and data to drive decision-making. Pacesetter Awards will also be presented.
Registration is FREE for Campaign partners from the following communities:
- Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Valley (Waterloo and Cedar Falls)
- Council Bluffs and Pottawattamie County
- Des Moines
- Jackson County
- Jones County
- Sioux City
- Story County
- Quad Cities (Iowa and Illinois partners)
Registration with be $50 for all other participants. The Iowa Council of Foundations will invoice you prior to the event. If you have any questions, please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.