- This event has passed.
CONNECT Community Foundations Conference
September 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join community foundation representatives from across Iowa to CONNECT, share best practices, identify solutions to challenges, and become inspired! National and regional experts will share their insights with you on how to best leverage Community Foundation philanthropy. This is a free educational and networking opportunity for community foundation staff and volunteers. Here is a first look at the agenda for the day!
- Registration and Continental Breakfast (9:00-9:30)
- Welcome and Opening Comments
- Out of Your Bubble and Into Your Community with Kris Putnam-Walkerly, Putnam Consulting Group
- Breakout Session #1
- Advanced Track: Avoiding ‘Delusional Altruism’: How to Create a Legacy of Impact, Respect, and Value with Kris Putnam-Walkerly, Putnam Consulting Group
- Fundamentals Track: The Boards Role in Succession Planning with Bryan Orander, Charitable Advisors
- Lunch, Networking and CF Snapshot LIVE!
- Karla Twedt-Ball, Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
- Nancy Preussner, Community Foundation of Greater
- Laura Booth, Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
- Nicole Brua-Behrens, President, Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation
- Planting Seeds and Growing Gifts: Strategies for Endowment Building in Rural Communities with Phil Purcell, Consultant for Philanthropy
- Breakout Session #2
- Advanced Track: Succession Planning and Leadership Transition with Bryan Orander, Charitable Advisors
- Fundamentals Track: Effective Ways to Market to Professional Advisors and Attract More Donors with Phil Purcell, Consultant for Philanthropy
- Legislative Update + Closing Announcements + $250 Mini-Grant Drawing Announcement
Resources: Idea Implementation grants and mileage support will be available to qualified community foundations that have two or more representatives attend. A chance to win one of four, $250 Mini-Grants will be available for participants as well!
Accommodations: Hotel reservations can be made at the Best Western in Newton, directly across the street from the conference venue. There is not a block of rooms reserved, so please make reservations on your own.
*The CONNECT Community Foundations Conference is sponsored in part by the Iowa Economic Development Authority.