- This event has passed.
Disaster Philanthropy Webinar: Looking Back on Lessons Learned & Preparing for the Future
February 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Join us for a webinar conversation around disaster preparedness, response and recovery. We will hear from Nancy Beers from the Center for Disaster Philanthropy’s Midwest Early Recovery Fund about the impact of the 2019 Midwest Floods and the likelihood of 2020 flooding in our region. We will also take a look back at Iowa’s recent flooding and recovery efforts in Southwest Iowa and the Quad Cities. Finally, ICoF members who participate in The Funders’ Network’s Philanthropic Preparedness, Resiliency and Emergency Partnership (PPREP) cohort will share about the grant projects they are implementing in their regions. Please join us to learn more about how you can effectively prepare for and respond to future disasters in your community and throughout our state.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Examine 2019 Midwest Floods and Explore 2020 Planning
- Learn from Iowa PPREP Cohort Participants
- Q&A Discussion
- Overview of Updated ICoF Resources
- Gain understanding of the impacts of flooding in the Midwest and what is anticipated to come in 2020;
- Explore how funders in Iowa can be effective leaders in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery;
- Hear from Iowa PPREP participants on their lessons learned and best practices regarding disaster philanthropy work;
- Gain access and understanding of how to use updated ICoF disaster resources;
- Explore connections in disaster philanthropy to current practices; and
- Connect with Iowa peers in discussion and implementation of these learnings.
Who should attend?
- Foundation executives who support grantmaking operations
- Grantmaking staff who support grant programs and programming
- Program staff who coordinate nonprofit networks, nonprofit learning, nonprofit trainings, and support nonprofit peer-learning
- Communications and marketing staff who support the foundation
- Donor relations staff who work directly with donors to establish focus areas for funding
- Staff at new foundations that are establishing their grant programs and focus areas
Please join us – we think this session has something for everyone!
Meeting ID: 515 989 1188
Join via computer: https://zoom.us/j/5159891188
Join via phone: (646) 558-8656