- This event has passed.
ICoF Member Convening: Fostering Innovation in the Nonprofit Sector
December 13, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Innovation is a hot topic, especially in the business world. Yet, innovation in the nonprofit sector is more critical than ever as the challenges we face in our communities become more complex and the pressure to have impact at scale becomes greater. How are nonprofits keeping up? What strategies are there for supporting innovation in the sector? Who are the social entrepreneurs and innovators working on this? How can philanthropy play a role in fostering innovation?
This 3-hour session will include presentations from Creative Adventure Lab (Dubuque, IA) and NewBoCo (Cedar Rapids, IA) staff. Both organizations will share their work to foster innovation in the nonprofit sector. Funders will also have the opportunity to participate in two ideation exercises to put these practices and concepts into action.
- Funders will explore how innovation is showing up in the nonprofit sector.
- Funders will learn from examples of what philanthropy is doing to foster innovation.
- Funders will better understand how nonprofits in Iowa are thinking about innovation.
Who Should Attend?
- Foundation executives who support organizational culture and operations
- Grantmaking staff who support grant programs and programming
- Program staff who coordinate nonprofit networks, nonprofit learning, nonprofit trainings and support nonprofit peer-learning
- Evaluation staff who track and monitor progress for the foundation and/or their community
- Staff at new foundations that are establishing their grant programs and focus areas
Please join us – we think this session has something for everyone!
- Jordan Degree, Executive Director, Creative Adventure Lab
- Eric Dregne, Director, Innovation Lab at Creative Adventure Lab
- Aaron Horn, Chief Operating Officer, The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo)