Fall 2023 Capacity Building Grants
- Grant Guidelines: Please find the Fall 2023 Capacity Building Grant Guidelines. We strongly encourage you to review this document before applying.
- September 15, 2023 – Pre-Application Survey Available Here
- October 16, 2023 – Pre-Applications due as soon as possible and by 5 pm
- Rolling – Within 5 business days of pre-application submission, applicants will receive feedback provided by ICoF and/or the full application from ICoF staff via email
- November 15, 2023 – Final applications due by 5 pm (Budget Template)
- By December 15, 2023 – Grant decisions will be made and applicants notified
- Eligible Applicants: Accredited Iowa community foundations and affiliates
- Match Requirements: 50% cash match
- Final Grant Report Forms:
- Please find the grant report form for 2022 Spring & Fall Capacity Building Grants here.
Disaster Recovery Fund Matching Grants
- Grant Guidelines: DRF Challenge Grant Guidelines
- Application: DRF Matching Grant Application
- Timeline: Grants are accepted on a rolling basis from February 6 – November 15, 2023.
- Eligible Applicants: Iowa community foundations not currently participating in the PPREP cohort (Dubuque, Linn, and Scott counties are not eligible)
- Match Requirements: 3:1 cash match ($1,500 raised to receive a $500 grant)
- Resources Available: Disaster Philanthropy Toolkit
- Setting up the Disaster Recovery Fund (page 9)
- Sample Fund Agreement (pages 10-11)
- Ideas to Raise Match:
- Allocate a portion of your CEFP endowment payout
- Ask each advisory committee member to make a gift (e.g., if you have 15 advisory committee members, each could give $100)
- Reach out to 3 local businesses to each give $500
Affiliate Training Grants
- Application: Affiliate Training Grant Application
- Timeline: Grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Eligible Applicants: Host community foundations.
- Match Requirements: N/A
Idea Implementation Grants
- Application: Idea Implementation Grant Application
- Timeline: Grants are accepted on a rolling basis through November 15, 2023
- Eligible Applicants: Each community foundation who attends at least one Connect Conference session, either virtual and/or in-person, is eligible to receive up to two awards totaling $2,500 in funding in 2023.
- Grant Range: $250 – $2,500
- Match Requirements: N/A
- Final Grant Report Form: Please find the grant report form for 2022 Idea Implementation Grants here. Grant reports are due December 31, 2023.
Please contact us with questions about any of these grant programs.