Effective Date: 12/22/2021
Note that we review our privacy practices from time to time, and that such practices are subject to change. We ask that our visitors periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our Policy. The most current version of our Policy will be posted on this page. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect contact information from and about you when you use the Site or other services. Our Site and services have areas where you can provide your information, including your name, your organization name and email address, phone number, fax number or street address. We may also collect your photo if you provide one when you create an account.
Additionally, our Site may have the functionality to collect payment information. For example, if you make a donation or pay your dues online, our third-party vendors may collect your credit card number and your billing information.
Our Site gives you the option to provide demographic information, such as your ZIP code, pronouns and accessibility accommodations needed.
Information we Collect Automatically
We collect usage, device, and location information. For example, our third-party survey or website-hosting vendors may collect information about the browser you are using or IP address from which you are accessing the Site.
- collect information about the ways visitors use this Site – for example, which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of this Site – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may or may not be personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit this Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of this Site if your browser rejects our cookies.
Information Collected by Web Beacons and Pixels. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. Pixels are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Site. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of visitors from one page within our Site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of marketing campaigns.
We collect information about you across devices and over time when you use our Site and read our newsletters and e-blasts.
We may get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may give us your email address or shipping address. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect through the Site for a variety of purposes, including:
- Combining information that we have collected offline with information we collect online or combining information we get from a third party with information we already have.
- Responding to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to respond to your comments or customer feedback. We may also use your information to send you questions or surveys. We or our third-party service providers may also use your information to fulfill your request to register for an event.
- To improve our Site and services. We may use your information to make our Site and services better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. For example, we might use your information to customize your user profile if you register for our Site.
- For our information security purposes. We may use information to protect our Organization, our members, and our Site.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we might also send you information about programs or developments in which we think you may be interested; or about us, our Site, upcoming events, or other relevant products or services that may be of interest to you; or to request your help in supporting our Organization. These might be related to our own Organization or to other organizations in which we think you might be interested.
- To communicate with you about our relationship. We may contact you to get your feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy. We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time.
We will share information within our Organization. We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We will never sell your information. We will never share your information with any third party that does not have a need to know. For example, we share information with vendors who help us send emails, process donations, dues payments, or event registrations, and operate our Site. This may include website analytics vendors. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud or abuse.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
You have certain choices about sharing and marketing practices. You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us; however, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions, membership renewal notifications, event confirmations, or notices about changes to this Policy.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. NOTE: If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our Site may not work.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Site may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
You have other controls you can exercise. You can choose whether or not to share certain categories of personal information. If you choose not to share, some parts of our Site and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use.
You can control certain tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator. Certain options you select are device-specific.
We use standard security measures. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
Our Site and apps are not intended for children. Our Site and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect information online from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiry “Privacy Statement Information Request.”
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
We may link to other sites or have third-party services on our site we don’t control.
Our Site may also serve third-party content that contains their own cookies or tracking technologies. We do not control the use of those technologies.
Our Site is intended only for users in the United States. By using our Site, you understand and agree that the Site is hosted in the United States and that the data collected through the Site will be stored and processed in the United States. These Sites are subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection of those in your country.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions. If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at email@example.com.
You can also write to us or call us at:
Iowa Council of Foundations
6919 Vista Dr
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Please include your email address, name, mailing address and telephone number when you contact us. This helps us handle your request correctly.
We may update this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices and update this Policy on our Site. Please check our site periodically for updates.